We Recognize Top Platform Leaders, Coverage Of T3, Our Insurance Conference Guide, Recruitment News, Organic Growth In Uncertain Markets, Ending Bankers’ Success Fees And Geographic Shifts For Advisors
To My Fellow WSR Community Members:
One of my favorite sci-fi films is “Ender’s Game,” based on a novel of the same name by Orson Scott Card. The lead character, a boy named Ender, trains in virtual reality wargames in which he has the ability to control Earth’s entire military space fleet, along with a handful of similarly talented youths.
While it may sound like science fiction, in wealth management there are instances where one talented decision maker with a small, skilled team holds great influence over the capabilities and productivity of thousands of advisors and innumerable client portfolios. This is the case with the executives we honor today: The IS 5 – Top Investment Solutions Platform Leaders.
We bring you details on these investment solutions leaders’ careers and platforms, ask them about their work and hear from advisors who have gained much from their leadership. We also bring you a preview of the T3 Conference with attending executives describing top issues in wealthtech. Look for us to provide more coverage from the conference.
We also provide you with expert views on how the waning geographic home-field advantage for advisors opens opportunities to reach across states and regions, ending success fees for investment bankers, our weekly recruiting news roundup and the second installment in our Guides To Industry Conferences – this time focused on insurance.
This Week’s Issue
We have the following on tap for you this week:
- When should you acquire a team within a team? In Newsmakers & Roundups, our latest edition of the Weekly Recruitment Roundup covers Cetera recruiting Wooster Square Advisors; Allworth Financial acquiring Redrock Wealth Management and a three-person team from One To One Financial Advisors; Creative Planning acquiring Telarray Advisors; and CAPTRUST acquiring Monroe Vos Consulting.
- Does M&A success really call for a “success fee”? In Upmarket, Jessica Polito, Founder and Principal of the M&A consultancy Turkey Hill Management, explains why she believes that many investment banks should do away with success fees and simply charge retainers to their wealth management clients.
- Who heads investment solutions at some of the industry’s largest platforms? Also in Upmarket, we recognize the IS 5 – Top Investment Solutions Platform Leaders. Tens of thousands of advisors depend upon these key individuals in order for advisors to stay on the cutting edge with the investments they offer to clients.
- Is there opportunity in the waning geographic advantage of advisors? Also in Upmarket, Kristine McManus, Chief Advisor Growth Officer at Commonwealth Financial Network, explains how COVID changed the geographical community advantage for advisors and opened new opportunities for advisors to expand their business beyond their zip codes, including leveraging niches, M&A, virtual communications and more.
In case you missed it, last week we brought you a guide to insurance conferences, a preview of issues for discussion at the T3 Conference and a discussion on organic growth in uncertain markets:
- Which insurance events should advisors attend? In our Investment Solutions & Gatekeepers section, the second entry in our Guide To Industry Conferences series explores key details of attending the Insured Retirement Institute’s IRI Annual Conference, Insurance Innovators USA and the Life Insurance Marketing and Research Association’s LIMRA Annual Conference.
- In the Digital Domain, we spoke with five industry leaders who are attending the T3 Conference, asking them about the major issues facing wealthtech and what solutions they bring to the conference. Get insights from Rosh Cherian, Co-Founder and CTO of CogniCor; John Mackowiak, Chief Revenue Officer of Advyzon; Josh Schwaber, Head of Customer Experience at Kwanti; Matt Bankston, Managing Director, Platform Strategy and Innovation, at Choreo; and Lara Galloway, SVP of Channel Management at White Glove.
- How can you grow organically through uncertain markets in 2023? In Upmarket, we hosted a Business Development Roundtable to learn how firms across the wealth management space are not only coping with but finding opportunity for organic growth against the backdrop of market volatility and economic uncertainty. The discussion features Gary Bailey, Executive Vice President, Head of Sales, at White Glove; Michael Vossler, Chief Revenue Officer at Docupace; and Paige Swartzendruber, Senior Vice President Business Development, at Berthel Fisher Companies.
Please tell us your views on wealthtech, recruiting, conferences and changes facing advisors, as well as your questions for experts!
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with the latest, including our coverage of T3, where you can also share our news and insights with your colleagues.
Have a great week!
Larry Roth, CEO
Wealth Solutions Report