Sanctuary’s New CEO, Our Inaugural Conference Guide, Latest Weekly Recruiting News, Marketing Advice, Custodian News And Liquidity Events For Professional Practices
To My Fellow WSR Community Members:
As social creatures, we thrive on connection, a fact that our post-pandemic technology is striving to adapt to as more of us work remotely. While remote work certainly has advantages, there’s a balance that we can’t deny – we need to interact in person, shake hands, share a coffee and a laugh, and sit around a table together.
Last year challenged us in some ways, but it was the year that many industry conferences bounced back from the pandemic, and we can look forward to more personal engagement as conferences are in top gear for 2023. Especially if you work from home, this year is the perfect time to get reconnected.
To catalyze that process, this week we bring you the first installment in a series of Guides To Industry Conferences, covering this year’s most influential wealthtech conferences, with other Guides To Industry Conferences to come soon.
We also bring you the latest Weekly Recruitment Roundup, advice on marketing in a downturn, a recent entrant into the custodian space making moves, a new CEO ready to push growth, and what to tell your professional practitioner client when they want to sell their practice.
This Week’s Issue
Here’s what we have this week:
- Which firm surpassed $5 billion in assets last year? To find out, read our latest Weekly Recruitment Roundup in the Newsmakers & Roundups section. We cover Atria Wealth Solutions recruiting Marshall Wealth Management Group and Cypress Private Wealth from LPL Financial, Hightower facilitating a merger between TC Wealth Partners and EFG Advisors, Wealthcare reporting the addition of 16 advisor groups for full-year 2022, and Emigrant Partners investing in SteelPeak Wealth.
- Not sure which industry conferences to attend this year? That’s why WSR launched our new Guide To Industry Conferences! Our first entry in the series, on Wealthtech, covers Orion Ascent, the T3 Advisor Conference, WealthStack, Future Proof and the Riskalyze Fearless Investing Summit. In the Digital Domain section, we explain when and where the crucial events are scheduled to be held in 2023, along with who attends and why they show up.
- Is it wise to dial down your marketing now? In Wallet Share, Snappy Kraken’s Co-Founder and CMO, Angel Gonzalez, says waiting until conditions stabilize to engage in marketing could be a mistake. He argues that clients feel pain points and worries now, and the advisor who doesn’t address them can lose clients, while the advisor who gives peace of mind can grow their business.
- Is your client a professional practice owner? In our latest Liquidity Events column in Upmarket, we hear from Reese Harper, CEO of Elements, and Sam Brownell, Founder of Stratus Wealth Advisors, on the top three steps advisors can take to help clients with professional practices sell their businesses.
In case you missed it, last week we covered breaking news about the leadership change at Sanctuary, the latest move in the custodian space and the launch of an RIA designed around flexibility and cooperation:
- The new competitor in custody is making moves. In Newsmakers & Roundups, United Advisor Group announced the initial transition of advisors to its independent RIA and that Goldman Sachs Advisor Services will provide custodian services. The new group employs a single-tier partnership model with flexibility for advisors. We hear from Ray Gettins, UAG’s Director, on expectations for institutional-level service from GSAS.
- Sanctuary’s new changes: Also in Newsmakers & Roundups, Adam Malamed took the reins at Sanctuary Wealth. The former Ladenburg Thalmann EVP, COO and Board Director intends to propel growth at the RIA aggregator in his new role as CEO, succeeding former CEO and Founder Jim Dickson. We hear from sources familiar with the matter and more.
We will attend the T3 conference in a few weeks and want to meet you there. In the meantime, take part by taking the T3/Inside Information annual survey.
Don’t forget to send us your suggestions and questions for experts!
We’re excited to engage with you on LinkedIn, and via e-blast! It takes just seconds to share with your friends and colleagues.
Have a great week!
Larry Roth, CEO
Wealth Solutions Report