Wealthtech And M&A Trends For Next Year, A Deep Dive On Interval And Tender Offer Funds, Launch Of Data-Focused Venture Studio And More
To My Fellow WSR Community Members:
If I tell you this time of year is exciting, your first thought will likely be of the holiday season – and while that’s true, there’s something else equally stirring – at this time of year we spotlight the future more than any other time. While some choose to reminisce, I prefer a focus on the great things in our immediate future.
We will see beneficial trends ramp up next year in a broad range of areas, with tools and solutions constantly evolving to serve clients better than ever, and in that vein, we bring you the launch of a wealthtech venture studio, a survey of M&A trends for 2023 and next year’s outlook at the intersection of family offices and technology.
In addition, we bring you expert advice on interval funds and tender offer funds, a Southern California expansion for a large financial planner, and this week’s roundup of recruitment news.
This Week’s Issue
Here’s what we have for you this week:
- In Newsmakers & Roundups, our Weekly Recruitment Roundup highlights Raj Bhattacharyya, CEO at Robertson Stephens, as Recruiter Of The Month, and we look at Robertson Stephens acquiring LFS Wealth Advisors and Vodia Capital, Hightower facilitating a strategic merger between Hightower Bellevue and Sovereign Wealth Advisors, Mariner Wealth Advisors acquiring McGervey Wealth Management and Hayes Financial, as well as Choreo agreeing to acquire GreerWalker Wealth.
- What lies at the convergence of wealthtech and family offices for 2023? In the Digital Domain, Nicole Eberhardt, CEO of Ledgex, examines recent trends in the family office space demanding higher technology, the urgent need to get ahead on these trends and steps firms can take to address the shifting landscape.
- Are interval and tender offer funds right for your clients? In Investment Solutions & Gatekeepers, Blue Chip’s COO, Erin Goss, examines the similarities and differences of interval funds and tender offer funds, the pros and cons and how an advisor chooses the rights ones for clients.
- In Capital Connections, ECHELON Partners advised Erman Retirement Advisory on its acquisition by Edelman Financial Engines, which will expand Edelman’s footprint in Southern California, the third acquisition in recent months for the financial planning-centric firm and another deal in a busy year for ECHELON.
In case you missed it last week, we brought you an M&A outlook for 2023 and the launch of a new wealthtech venture:
- What’s new on the scene in compliance wealthtech? In the Digital Domain section, cybersecurity and wealthtech veteran Sid Yenamandra launched Surge Ventures. The serial wealthtech entrepreneur has formed a new venture studio aiming at creating and scaling multiple tech start-ups that specialize in data governance and data integrity-related solutions for wealth management enterprises. The new firm was provided seed capital by private equity player Virgo Capital.
- Not such great expectations? In Capital Connections, DeVoe & Company released its latest Annual RIA M&A Outlook Report, which captures advisor perspectives on M&A trends for 2023, reveals the lowest expectations in the survey’s history, primary motivating factors and deterrents to M&A for buyers and sellers, tips for first-time buyers and DeVoe’s view on future M&A activity.
Share your comments on this week’s articles with us, as well as ideas and suggestions. Our editors enjoy hearing from you!
Find us on social media, especially LinkedIn, where it’s easy to share our latest with your friends and colleagues.
Larry Roth, CEO
Wealth Solutions Report