Plus Recruiting News, The Midterm Elections’ Impact On Advisors, Commercial Private Real Estate, Custom Indexing, Tax-Loss Harvesting And Top 3 Issues For Inheriting Tangible Assets
To My Fellow WSR Community Members:
We’re not past Thanksgiving yet, but 2023 is clearly in sight. It’s that time of year when firms produce budgets and projections so they can hit the ground running in January. For many firms, next year’s plans won’t be complete until the leadership team fully considers options for recruitment or M&A in the new year.
As your firm maps out 2023, we bring you the latest installment of the Recruiting Roundtable with expert views on consolidating trends and creative approaches to recruiting and M&A for the upcoming year, as well as the latest Transitions, Transactions & Promotions column.
In addition, we bring you the top three issues for inheriting tangible assets, thoughts on investment in commercial private real estate, custom indexing and tax-loss harvesting and the impact of the midterm elections on the markets and financial advisors.
This Week’s Issue
Here’s what we have on tap this week:
- Is deal flow really slowing down, or is just changing shape? In our Newsmakers & Roundups section, every deal in this month’s Transitions, Transactions & Promotions column involves a major wealth management industry player in one respect or another. Read about developments at Oppenheimer & Co., Raymond James, LPL Financial, Cetera Financial Group and more.
- How will the U.S. midterm elections impact the wealth management industry? Orion Advisor Solutions hosted a webinar exploring the election results. Tim Holland, Chief Investment Officer at Orion, spoke with Steve Pavlick, Partner and Head of Policy at Renaissance Macro Research. You can find a recap of their insights in our Beltway And Beyond section.
- Should your clients invest in commercial private real estate? In Investment Solutions & Gatekeepers, CrowdStreet Advisors’ President Sheldon Chang explains the pros and cons of investing in private commercial real estate, gives his views on this asset class in 2023 and tells us the best types of real estate to mitigate inflation.
- Can custom indexing improve your tax-loss harvesting? In the Digital Domain, Andrew Rosenberger, Head of Custom Indexing at Orion Advisor Solutions, describes how custom indexing can benefit client needs, including tax-loss harvesting, and strategies to harvest tax losses more efficiently.
- What are the top three issues for inheriting tangible assets? In the Upmarket section, we hear from Harry Grand, Partner and Head of the New York Office at Angeles Wealth Management and Matt Mignon, a Wealth Advisor at CI RegentAtlantic Private Wealth, on top inheritance issues for non-financial assets including tax, insurance, illiquidity and carrying costs.
In case you missed it last week, also in Upmarket, Jeff Nash, CEO of Bridgemark Strategies, hosted our latest installment of the Recruiting Roundtable. He spoke with Lou Camacho, Chief Operating Officer of Stratos Wealth Holdings and President of Stratos Wealth Enterprises; Arthur Ambarik, CEO and Financial Advisor at Perigon Wealth Management; Jeremy Holly, Chief Development and Integration Officer of SageView Advisory Group and Thomas Goodson, President and CEO of The AmeriFlex Group. They discussed growth drivers and trends for recruiting and M&A in 2023.
Share your ideas, questions for experts and views on our articles with us!
Passing along a great article is as easy as a click when sharing on LinkedIn, by email or through other social media.
Have a great week!
Larry Roth, CEO
Wealth Solutions Report