Serving International Clients, The Ethereum Merge, Cryptoassets, Behavioral Finance And Client Retention, Cybersecurity, Recruiting, The Future Of Custodians, Plus The Latest M&A, Advisor Transitions And People Moves
To My Fellow WSR Community Members:
Regular readers know that throughout the year we have honored distinguished industry leaders and inspirational professionals of diverse backgrounds with WSR Pathfinder Awards and turned those opportunities into a conversational platform for the advancement of our industry.
With the arrival of National Hispanic Heritage Month, we continue that commitment to diversity and inclusion in the hopes of inspiring new entrants of Hispanic and Latin American backgrounds into the industry, highlighting excellence and dedication, and giving speaking opportunities to persons of diverse backgrounds.
To that end, I am excited to announce that we will present WSR Pathfinder Awards to notable leaders across a broad range of industry professions later during National Hispanic Heritage Month.
Today, we bring you advice on serving international clients from a firm with expertise in Latin America and multiple employees hailing from that region.
We also bring you an interview with a recruiting expert; an analysis on using behavioral finance for client retention during periods of inflation; an exploration of the custodian of the future; what investors should know about the Ethereum merge and cryptoasset markets; a multimedia presentation on cybersecurity; and the latest in advisor transitions, people moves, strategic alliances and M&A.
This Week’s Issue
Here’s what we have for you this week:
- How do you retain clients who fear inflation? In our Upmarket section, Daniel Crosby, Chief Behavioral Officer at Orion; Kirk Hulett, EVP, Business Coaching & Consulting at Advisor Group; and Michael Kim, President and Chief Client Officer of AssetMark, reveal how advisors can leverage behavioral finance techniques to discuss inflation with clients and produce high retention rates.
- How do you serve Latin America-based clients? Also in our Upmarket section, Kenneth Korngold, the International Director of Intercontinental Wealth Advisors, advises us on the best ways to serve international – and especially Latin American – clients, including jurisdictional solutions, favored assets and international compliance issues.
- In Newsmakers & Roundups, this month’s Transitions, Transactions & Promotions column shows that advisor transactions and M&A stayed hot through the last month of summer. We also recap two very different kinds of strategic partnerships, as well as executive-level recruitments at two firms seeking to accelerate their growth. Read about activity involving Perigon Wealth Management, Hightower, MAI Capital Management and more.
- Financial advisor transitions are among the biggest decisions one can make in this industry. To learn more about the process, we spoke with Jeff Nash, CEO of Bridgemark Strategies, a wealth-management-focused consultancy. In this Words In Edgewise section Q&A, Nash shares why he started his company, how he helps advisors think through their big move, and what he sees on the horizon for M&A activity.
- What does the custodian of the future look like? Also in Words In Edgewise, Joe Gerdes, CEO and President of Equity Advisor Solutions, explains that due to tech gains, boutique custodians can now compete with larger firms, and will evolve an industry standard of providing technology bundling, a single platform for all investments and balancing online access with a dedicated human point of contact.
- In the Digital Domain section, we continue the Cybersecurity Soundbites series of video interviews with Sid Yenamandra, Founder and CEO of Entreda, an autonomous subsidiary of Smarsh. Yenamandra sets out three cybersecurity steps for employees working from home to mitigate regulatory risk and avoid accidental liability for someone else’s mistakes.
What’s up with the Ethereum merge? In case you missed it, in our Digital Domain section last week, Grant Engelbart, a Senior Portfolio Manager at Brinker Capital Investments, a brand entity of Orion Advisor Solutions, explained the Ethereum merge from an investor’s point of view, the drivers of the cryptoasset bear market and the investment avenues for cryptoassets.
Send us your thoughts on this week’s articles, as well as suggestions and questions!
Share these articles that can help your friends and colleagues via email and social media, especially LinkedIn!
Have a great week!
Larry Roth, CEO
Wealth Solutions Report