To My Fellow WSR Community Members:
With the passing of the last barbeque and swim of the summer season, Labor Day marks a psychological milepost for our industry and clients to return to work at full steam, picking up where we left off, implementing new initiatives and augmenting our firms and routines with the best wisdom collected from summer reading.
To get the ball rolling for September, we bring you a flurry of new initiatives and ideas this week, launching a new column to meet your needs, plus the latest insights into how you can capitalize on marketing trends and customize your alternative investments to include the residential housing sector.
In addition, we bring you the latest updates on legislative advocacy initiatives and your opportunity to participate, a partnership that represents the move in regtech towards monitoring employee trades through direct data feeds and the latest in recruiting news.
Launching Our Wealthtech Roundup Column
Following last week’s launch of our weekly Recruitment Roundup and e-blast, we bring you more exciting news! We launched a new monthly column this week, the Wealthtech Roundup. It explores developments that solve the need for banks, RIAs and independent broker-dealers to supply digital functionality to advisors and their clients in a cost-effective and compliant manner, including tools that gather data to enable firms to glean greater insights and boost profits.
For our inaugural column, we speak with Drew DiMarino, Chief Growth Officer at Riskalyze, about its new Ultimate platform for compliance analytics, centralized administration, client engagement and portfolio alignment. Other entries this month include Orion partnering with Apex Fintech Solutions on automated account opening for advisors and clients, Truist Wealth launching robo-advisor and hybrid investment platforms, SEI partnering with Snowflake on a data cloud for wealth managers and technology-based wealth management startup Farther raising $15 million in its recent Series A round of venture capital.
This Week’s Issue
Aside from that new launch, here’s what we have on tap this week:
- In this week’s Recruitment Roundup in the Newsmakers Roundup section, Raymond James recruited a $250 million team from Edward Jones, Atria Wealth Solutions added a $600 million UBS team, Hightower invested in the $1.2 billion team Highland Private Wealth Management and the $4 billion team Moran Wealth Management left Wells Fargo. See our Recruitment Roundup e-blast for more details!
- How do you approach the residential housing investment? In our Investment Solutions & Gatekeepers section, Josh Hoffman, Managing Director at Bluerock and President of Bluerock Value Exchange, tells us the current state and direction of residential housing, including regional variations, why build-for-rent communities are in the spotlight and how to invest in the space.
- Where are marketing trends heading? In our Wallet Share section, Shantese Smithers-Alexander, Marketing Manager at Wealthcare and Michelle Goldstein, Founder of MG Digital Group, describe six marketing trends that advisors must leverage, ranging across social responsibility, personalized content, social media, multimedia and more.
- In Newsmakers Roundup, we cover Atria Wealth Solutions’ latest win in the wirehouse breakaway recruitment space, as Atria’s Cadaret Grant recruits a $600 million UBS team through Michigan-based Spartan Wealth Management and talk with Atria’s CEO and Founding Partner Doug Ketterer about what this recruitment means in the broader recruiting context.
- In the Digital Domain,ComplySci announced an exclusive partnership with custodian Apex Clearing Corporation, a Peak 6 company, to provide ComplySci’s clients with a direct trading platform data feed from Apex to improve security and accuracy for employee trade monitoring and reporting.
- Want to talk to your legislators about your business? In the Beltway & Beyond section, Dale Brown, President & CEO of theFinancial Services Institute, invites you to reach out to your elected officials through virtual roundtables, in-district meetings and on Capitol Hill, and updates you on the PRO Act and SECURE 2.0 bills.
Please share your thoughts, ideas and questions with us. We enjoy hearing from you!
You can share our articles easily on LinkedIn and other social media as well as email.
Have a great week!
Larry Roth, CEO
Wealth Solutions Report