WSR Celebrates AAPI Heritage Month with Pathfinder Awards – Plus: How to Install or Upgrade Regtech
To My Fellow WSR Community Members:
Another exciting time has arrived to honor prominent industry executives from a diversity of backgrounds by way of our WSR Pathfinder Awards – This time awarding high-achieving wealth management leaders of AAPI heritage as we celebrate AAPI Heritage Month.
As with previous Pathfinder Awards, I tasked my editors to search across the industry for truly outstanding individuals not only known for their contribution to our industry but also worthy role models to the next generation of leadership and professionals.
Though I stated it before with previous installments of Pathfinder Awards, this bears repeating: Our purpose is to honor exceptional individuals of underrepresented backgrounds, celebrate the progress already made and start conversations about where our industry must go next to achieve greater diversity and inclusivity in the years to come.
This Week’s Issue
Here’s what we have for you this week:
- The decision to install or upgrade regtech is fraught with complexity. In our Digital Domain section, we sat down with Amy Kadomatsu, CEO of ComplySci, who simplified the process by setting out the major steps and considerations on the path from the initial decision to full implementation.
- In our On the Rise section, we named the AAPI Top Industry Leaders of 2022 as part of our ongoing, invitation only Pathfinder Awards series, which recognizes outstanding senior wealth management leaders from diverse backgrounds.
- Also in our On the Rise section, we caught up with AAPI Portfolio Solutions Provider of the Year Hailin Li, CEO and founder of Advyzon, who shares his personal vision that drove Advyzon’s founding – providing an exceptional customer experience through a comprehensive platform. Li also advises on how our industry can improve AAPI representation.
More to Come for AAPI Heritage Month
- We similarly spent time with Michael Kim, President and Chief Client Officer of AssetMark and our AAPI Asset Management Leader of the Year in our On the Rise section, who advises that industry leaders need to understand and listen to AAPI voices to overcome implicit bias and counsels persons of AAPI heritage considering a career in wealth management.
Keep an eye out for more profile features of award winners to follow between now and the end of the month as we continue to celebrate AAPI Heritage Month:
- AAPI Fintech Leader of the Year Sid Yenamandra, Founder and CEO of Entreda
- AAPI RIA Leader of the Year David Hou, Managing Partner at Evoke Advisors
Please share and congratulate the award recipients on email and social media, especially LinkedIn!
As always, we appreciate your comments and suggestions, and will help you find answers for any difficult questions you send us!
Have a great week!
Larry Roth, CEO
Wealth Solutions Report