Women’s Pathfinder Awards Continues, Cybersecurity and the Latest Roundup of Transitions, Transactions & Promotions in the Industry
To My Fellow WSR Community Members:
As we near the end of Women’s History Month, we continue to recognize outstanding women in the wealth management industry. This week, we introduce two new inaugural award categories as part of the WSR Pathfinder Awards – one honoring top women executives who lead their firms and the other spotlighting top women rising stars.
Of course, celebrating the achievements of women in our industry serves multiple ends. First and foremost, the recipients deserve it – and their contributions to the industry illuminate the way for aspiring newcomers to the industry.
Highlighting successful women leaders and rising stars also demonstrates the much-needed increase in gender diversity in our industry, as more women take the lead in executive roles at all levels.
Finally, we aim to spark more action-oriented conversations, whether in the office or in virtual meetings, about what else firms and other wealth management businesses can do for women to reach their full professional potential.
And we’re not done yet – Look for more to come next week, including Top Women COOs, Woman General Counsel of the Year and Woman Chief Experience Officer of the Year, encompassing further interviews where we discuss career, industry and women’s advancement with award winners.
In addition, we bring you our latest roundup of M&A activity, people moves and promotions and financial advisor transactions this week, as well as some wise advice on cybersecurity.
This Week’s Issue
Here’s what we have for you this week:
- Our monthly coverage of Transitions, Transactions & Promotions in the Newsmakers Roundup section keeps you up to date on the latest in the industry, including a controlling-interest investment in a $4 billion Mexico City firm, broker-dealer and RIA recruiting, RIA aggregation, private equity investing for upcoming expansion and more.
- In our On the Rise section, we honor recipients of WSR Pathfinder Awards for Women’s History Month:
- We recognize Natalie Wolfsen, CEO of AssetMark, Shannon Spotswood, President of RFG Advisory, and Dr. Sindhu Joseph, Co-Founder and CEO of CogniCor, as Top Women Leaders in Wealth Management.
- We name three Top Women Rising Stars who have rapidly climbed the corporate ladder in wealth management: Kelly Fitzpatrick, Product Manager, Reporting Solutions of Advyzon, Allison Kuehner Mutschler, Director, Marketing & Communications of Financial Services Institute and Jacquelyn Marchand, Director, Corporate Communications at Commonwealth Financial Network.
- We honor Kaijsa Kurstin, Executive Vice President of Marketing at White Glove, as the Digital Marketer of the Year and discuss with her how the industry can improve for women, as well as the future of wealth management marketing, including where digital trends are taking us.
- We spent time with one of the Top Women Rising Stars – Kelly Fitzpatrick of Advyzon – to ask how the wealth management industry can make changes to promote the success of women, and what a female student considering a career in fintech or the financial industry should bear in mind.
- In The Digital Domain, Clayton Chandler, Chief Information Security Officer at Advisor Group, reminds us that with international mischief underway threatening cybersecurity globally, it’s now more important than ever to review and boost your firm’s security against digital threats.
Please send your comments, suggestions and questions to us. We’re waiting to hear from you!
As always, if there are WSR stories that resonate with you, we encourage you to share them with your friends and colleagues, especially via LinkedIn and email.
Have a great week!
Larry Roth, CEO
Wealth Solutions Report