The Impact of Interest Rate Increases on Recruiting Strategies; Top Women Dealmakers and CMOs; and Smarsh Responds to e-Discovery Needs With a New Ecosystem
To My Fellow WSR Community Members:
Like an Iron Dome missile searching for its target, the interest rate countdown hit zero this week, with the Fed tightening policy for the first time in more than three years in an effort to tame the burgeoning inflation threat.
Prices have spiked for every good and service imaginable, and there’s little reason to believe inflation will ease any time soon. Whatever you think about the job Fed Chairman Jay Powell has done, we must acclimate to this new reality.
Rising interest rates, of course, will impact financial advisors and wealth management firms in a variety of ways, spanning everything from portfolio strategies to staff pay. Yet, some of the repercussions for our space will be a little more under the radar, including the industry’s approach to recruitment.
In this week’s issue, Jeff Nash brings us some perspective from recruiting experts. In addition, you’ll read about the latest in fintech solutions for the rising e-discovery burden and join us in our continued celebration of Women’s History Month.
This Week’s Issue
Here’s what we have on tap for you this week:
- In our On the Rise section, we honor several distinguished female executives who have shattered glass ceilings and impacted our industry with WSR Pathfinder Awards:
- Our Top Women CMOs in Wealth Management awards recognize influential, industry leading marketing executives Abby Salameh, CMO of CAIS, Joan Khoury, Managing Director and CMO of Oppenheimer & Co. and Meghan McCartan, Managing Director, Head of Marketing at Hightower Advisors,
- We also recognize inspiring female leaders across the wealth management M&A space as Top Women Dealmakers in Wealth Management: Amy Kadomatsu, CEO of ComplySci, Bomy Hagopian, Partner at Berkshire Global Advisors and Christina Walsh, Investment Professional at Aquiline Capital Partners.
- BridgeMark Strategies’ CEO Jeff Nash chairs this month’s Recruiting Roundtable in the Upmarket section, asking industry leaders Brady Clemons, Vice President of Experienced Advisor Recruiting at Ameriprise Financial, Kevin Beard, Chief Growth Officer and a Founding Partner of Atria Wealth Solutions and John Pierce, Head of Business Development at Cetera Financial Group, about the impact of rising interest rates on recruiting strategies.
- In The Digital Domain, fintech leader Smarsh announces a new ecosystem tool designed to provide a faster, more cost-efficient and better informed strategic legal decisions, addressing an increasing problem in the industry: the growing complexity of e-discovery.
Look out next week for the next installment of the WSR Pathfinder Awards, as we continue celebrating Women’s History Month. We’ll announce Top Women Leaders in Wealth Management, which honors an elite group of female chief executives.
We welcome your comments, ideas and suggestions – please keep sending them! And we are always looking to grow our community, so we encourage you to share our content with friends and colleagues by social media and email.
Have a great week!
Larry Roth, CEO
Wealth Solutions Report