For This Week, Real Estate Roundtable Tips for Financial Advisors – Plus, Launching Our Inaugural WSR Growth & Innovation Awards!
To My Fellow WSR Community Members:
It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already upon us, but here we are! And for most of us in the wealth management industry, there’s quite a bit to be thankful for this year, including the following:
- In many ways, the worst of the pandemic is largely behind us as a country and as an industry.
- The wealth management space can look back on the vital support that financial advisors and their firms provided to clients across the country during the pandemic-driven economic and market disruptions with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Financial advisor recruiting and M&A have all remained very active throughout the worst of the pandemic months – And if anything, this activity is set to increase in the coming weeks and months.
- Overall, consumers who work with qualified and experienced financial advisors can largely report that their financial wellbeing has been enhanced thanks to professional financial guidance and planning – And the industry as a whole is solid and growing.
Inaugural WSR Growth & Innovation Awards
All of which brings me to this week’s centerpiece announcement, which we will continue to reference in the weeks and months ahead: Wealth Solutions Report is launching its inaugural WSR Growth & Innovation Awards!
Each quarter, the WSR editorial team, with participation from select members of our Editorial Advisory Board, will recognize growth, innovation and impactful strategies among wealth management firms, third-party solutions providers and industry leaders.
We encourage you to visit our dedicated WSR Growth & Innovation Awards section here, which we will be continuously updating with specific award categories, criteria and submissions guidance.
To recap, please note that our first two awards are as follows:
- Independent Financial Advisor Group of the Year: Open to hybrid RIA firms, Super-OSJ groups and independent branches that recruit, retain and help grow the businesses of independent financial advisors.
- Business Development Leader of the Year: Open to senior in-house executives at independent wealth management firms of all business models whose responsibilities include oversight or leadership of financial advisor recruiting.
For each of these categories, submissions are officially open, and will remain open until December 31 2021.
We will recognize one winner and two honorable mentions for these award categories in early February of next year, when we will roll out first half 2022 award categories.
It has been an amazing year to be in wealth management, and I highly encourage you to submit an entry for our award categories if you are a good fit with the criteria, and have a compelling industry leadership story to tell!
This Week’s Issue
Aside from our inaugural awards, and as noted last week, we have a very streamlined issue, given the Thanksgiving holiday.
But we do have a terrific Real Estate Roundtable feature in this week’s Words in Edgewise section, with Phil Shoemaker of Homepoint, one of the nation’s largest mortgage originators and third-party servicing companies.
Phil discusses some of the most commonly fielded questions from financial advisors’ pre-retiree clients with respect to homeownership and mortgage payoffs.
One thing is clear: For Thanksgiving, home might be where the heart is, but it’s not necessarily where your clients’ retirement capital should be tied up, depending on individual circumstances.
And it’s mission critical for financial advisors to be aligned with the right mortgage game plan, based on each client’s situation.
We’re Grateful to You!
In addition to being a terrific year for the wealth management space, it has been an incredible year for Wealth Solutions Report.
We’ve built a “de novo” digital media insights and analysis platform for the wealth management industry, with a launch in early April this year and a steady double-digit rise in visibility, traffic and engagement across our flagship website, weekly e-blasts and LinkedIn platform.
And most importantly, we did it thanks to each and every member of the WSR community.
As always, we thrive on your feedback and suggestions, so please let us know which content items for this issue and the broader year have resonated most with you, and be sure to share our content via social media, especially LinkedIn, with your industry friends, colleagues and other contacts.
We are so grateful to the WSR community for your ongoing and enthusiastic support! From the WSR team to each of you, have a terrific Thanksgiving holiday!
Larry Roth, CEO
Wealth Solutions Report