FSI Honors Member Efforts to Advocate for Main Street American Investors and the Wealth Management Industry
FSI’s advocacy agenda aims to foster a healthier, more business-friendly regulatory environment for independent financial services firms and advisors. These organizations and professionals provide affordable, professional advice to hard-working Main Street Americans every day; this is a critical service that helps millions’ around the country achieve their financial goals.
Working hand-in-hand with our members as we engage with legislators and regulators across the country is a significant driver of our success. Our members enhance our efforts by authentically delivering our message and providing real-world examples of the impact of regulations and legislation. I’m continually grateful for the dedication of FSI members, many of whom allocate significant time and energy to our industry’s continued health.
FSI Advocacy Circle of Excellence
To highlight those members who are particularly dedicated to supporting our advocacy efforts, we introduced the FSI Advocacy Circle of Excellence and the Stephen R. Kareta Excellence in Advocacy Award.
When we launched these recognitions in 2020, we were only beginning to understand the circumstances of the pandemic, social unrest and economic pressures that upended every aspect of our lives.
Not surprisingly, our membership rose to the occasion, helping deliver meaningful advocacy victories during a period when traditional methods of outreach and engagement were all but impossible. As we adapted our advocacy strategy to the remote work environment, this year’s honoree’s maintained our momentum through their participation in virtual meetings with lawmakers and engaging their colleagues in calls to action, setting a powerful example to others across the industry.
The FSI Advocacy Circle of Excellence recognizes members’ contributions to FSI’s advocacy mission and overall commitment to the independent wealth management industry.
Stephen R. Kareta Excellence in Advocacy Award Recipients
Three members recognized as part of the Circle of Excellence also received the Stephen R. Kareta Excellence in Advocacy Award for going above and beyond to protect and advance the interests of their clients and colleagues:
- Brad Greenbaum, Vice President, Altigro Pension Services, Inc.
- Elizabeth Kietzman, Financial Advisor, Artisan Financial Group
- Mark Quinn, Director, Regulatory Affairs, Cetera Financial Group
Recipients of this award set the bar for achievement in advocacy by building constructive relationships with their state and local officials, members of Congress and regulators; engaging other members on important issues to FSI and the industry; and establishing a visible and positive presence in their communities.
We are incredibly proud of Brad, Elizabeth and Mark, and the entire 2021 FSI Advocacy Circle of Excellence, which includes the following members:
- Jennifer Brittingham, Senior Vice President, Retail Services, PlanMember Financial Corp.
- Jody Detillier, CEO and Financial Advisor, Detillier Financial Advisors LLC
- Kevin Dick, President and Wealth Advisor, KDI Wealth Management
- Rhonda Heineman, Financial Advisor, Heineman Financial Strategies
- Cynthia Jeffries, Vice President of Compliance, Commonwealth Financial Network
- Christina Kramer, Senior Vice President, Compliance Officer, PFS Investments Inc.
- Russell Kyncl, Owner and Registered Representative, Strategic Exit LLC
- Ruth Matt, Founder and CEO, Fore River Financial
- Peter Mendall, Certified Financial Planner, Mendall Financial Group LLC
- Jason Mullaly, Head of Regulatory Compliance, MML Investor Services
- John Natale, Financial Advisor, Lincoln Investment
- Tony Nerantzis, Financial Advisor and Branch Manager, Tony Nerantzis & Associates
- Brendan Speers, Director of Retirement Plan Services, Legacy Planning Partners
- Jeffrey Speicher, Managing Director and Financial Advisor, Speicher Financial Group
- Gwen Weithaus, Vice President, Investment Products Services Risk & Controls, Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company
- Martha Wilcoxson, Founder and Financial Advisor, Wilcoxson Wealth Management
All of this year’s honorees continue to positively impact the professional lives of FSI members and the Main Street investors they serve. The tireless and innovative efforts of this year’s Advocacy Circle of Excellence members set the stage for our industry’s continued growth and success.
Dale E. Brown is President and CEO of the Financial Services Institute, the leading advocacy group and industry association for independent financial services firms