To our fellow WSR community members:
Wealth Solutions Report has entered its second month of publication, which also happens to be Asian American & Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month. As I’ve noted from the outset, front and center to WSR’s mission is our support of diversity and inclusivity in the wealth management space.
True to this commitment, throughout May the WSR editorial team will be running at least one article per week highlighting the many contributions of professionals of AAPI ancestry who are involved with the wealth management space: From advisors to home office executives, and from fintech providers to investment bankers focused on this industry.
This week’s top features include:
- Our “On the Rise” section spotlights Anh Tran, Managing Partner of SageMint Wealth, an Orange, Calif.-based wealth management firm affiliated with LPL Financial. Tran, a Vietnamese American whose parents immigrated to the United States in 1978, talks about why the wealth management industry should create more leadership opportunities for Asian Americans as well as women of color generally – And why it matters.
- This issue’s “Wallet Share” features Meghan McCartan, Head of Marketing at Hightower, as she continues to drive growth and success via marketing support for the firm’s affiliated independent RIA firms.
- Capital Connections this week features Ann Marie Stonich of Paracle Advisors, in a Q&A on why she and her colleagues at the Seattle-based independent RIA with $1.4 billion in client assets chose to merger with fellow Seattle-based RIA Coldstream, with $4.3 billion in assets – And why Paracle and Coldstream decided to give private equity a hard pass in favor of a continued 100% employee-owned model.
- I’m pleased to report the voting results from our recent Private Equity Versus Spacs debate in this month’s Point-Counterpoint section. Did Carolyn Armitage of Echelon Partners emerge victorious, or was it Adam Malamed of Ajax Investment Partners? Click here to find out the results, but let’s put it this way: It was a very close match, proving that every reader’s vote matters!
- For independent financial advisors pondering future Biden White House policies on healthcare insurance, you might find this month’s Statshot section interesting, as it features the latest research from FSI CoveredAdviser on the Most + Least Expensive States for Independent Financial Advisor Healthcare Insurance, courtesy of Chris Paulitz and his team at FSI.
As always, it’s our pleasure bring timely perspectives, thought leadership and actionable insights from around the industry to each of you.
The continued growth in our audience traffic has been nothing short of astonishing, and we thank you for your ongoing support of WSR as both a growth resource and a true community.
CEO, Wealth Solutions Report